Wednesday 17 August 2011

Card Club Season

So with only a couple more weeks until September, it's time to start thinking of Card Clubs. I didn't run my card club this summer and the other card club I'm in, doesn't run during the summer months, so it has been a few months since I have had to put any thought into them.
I actually haven't planned my card club for September, but since it is closer to the end of the month, I still have a bit of time.
But... Brenda's SU card club, which I am also in, starts the 2nd week of Sept. and that one has a monthly card swap. Each month there is a different theme, but for the Sept. club we have to make a card using one of the creative techniques that we were taught in Brenda's club in the past.
I had to incorporate one of the techniques we were taught with my new Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge
(I just couldn't wait to make cards with my new cricut cartridge!!).
So here's what I came up with.... ((SWAP SPOILER))


The technique I used was the "shaving cream" technique... I love this effect!!!
You put your shaving cream in a paper plate and then you add a few drops of re-inker.
(I used "Twilight" and "Pacifica" re-inker on this card)
You mix it, slightly, and then put your white card stock face down. Take it out and wipe it off, let it dry and....


Isn't that cool!!
Thank you to my SU girl Brenda for showing me this wonderful technique!

2 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of this card paired with the great technique. I had forgotten how much I liked the shaving cream technique, may have to do this again with my girls too. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've motivated me to try this. Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete